Jann's Pages

6/11/14

Getting Rescued

All of my dogs have been rescued--whether from an organization such as All About Animals Rescue in Arizona, where we found Harry, our Malchi, to being given for free, Daisy, our Tibetan Spaniel, going on 14 years young, I've enjoyed being a pet owner.  I've had cats but I really prefer to take care of dogs.  

I joined a Facebook Group called Tibetan Spaniels and I just love the pictures the members post on the group.  I was surprised to find one of the members of the group to be a graduate of the same college from where I graduated.  Her name is Susan Waller Miccio and she lives back on the east coast.  Small World that two tibbie lovers graduated from the same university

Back in mid May, Susan posted about a Tibbie that was being held at the San Diego Humane Society.  His name was Skippy and the previous owners surrendered him. Information was Skippy barked too much and he was snapping at the family.  The workers at SDHS found Skippy to be a good dog, who just needed some training.

Skippy is a really handsome Tibetan Spaniel.  He's neutered, up to date on his shots and I just felt this tugging at my heart to get another Tibbie.  

Skippy took a plane ride from San Diego to join
our family!
                          
               Daddy holding Skippy
Another view of Skippy
    

It took Skippy a couple weeks to settle into our home.  He had to learn how to use a dog door, and get used to 2 other dogs that were already  established in our home.  We have a 13 year old Tibbie, Daisy, and an almost 2 year old Malchi (Maltese/Chihuahua), Harry.  Harry is really protective of me.  I am his mommy and he will let ANYONE know this if they come near me.  He growls--and for only 8 pounds (mostly hair!) he has a deep growl.  

Skippy loves to play Fetch, over and over and over and over and over again!  The first week he was with us, he destroyed about 5 tennis balls.  Here is a picture of one of the first balls he tore up.

This WAS a brand new PetSmart medium sized ball
destroyed a couple days later by Skippy.
Skippy looks great in his new red bed!
Skippy, Harry, and Daisy chilling out on our bed,
waiting on their nightly treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.