Jann's Pages

10/23/13

Babycakes Part 2

Of course when you start with a Part ONE...a Part TWO should follow sooner than later.  I completed the projects a couple weeks ago but failed to share them.  WHOOPS!  

Part 2 of Babycakes is a Layout I created using the Close To My Heart CHERISH book's "Balanced Blocks" layout, featured on pages 104-105. A friend of mine with whom I had the pleasure of working at a call center had a baby girl in early September.  

Both times when she told me that she was expecting a baby it was with these words:  "You're going to become a grandmother!"  No, we aren't related and it's not my daughter, but she is beautiful, sweet, classy, and well-mannered.  I am old enough to be her mama; therefore I am an honorary grandmother to her children!    

Left Side of Layout

I asked my friend to email some pictures to me so I could use them in a project.  I grayed out her baby's face, to protect privacy.  I do plan on sending the actual pages to my friend, along with a couple other items.  

The Giraffe paper is from the Babycakes Paper Pack.  I stamped the meaning of her baby's name using the OLD WORLD alphabet stamp set because the writing is elegant! 

The Babycakes Canvas Shapes were applied at the top (border strip) and the "My Baby" sticker.  This product was replaced by My Stickease stickers.   

The bottom right corner has a Mini Baby Carriage stamp which is one of 7 different Mini stamps for only $2.95.  The detail on these stamps is phenomenal. I stamped it with Chocolate Exclusives Ink. Buttercup and Sunset cardstocks colors were used to mount the pictures.  

Right Side of Layout

The Right side of the Balanced Blocks layout has a couple more Canvas Shapes (the Heart and the border on the right side) , along with the vitals of Reina's birth.  The Weight and Height were stamped using the new My Acrylix Alphabet stamp set, FRAMEWORK.   I wrote some information on the lower left block. The calendar is something I created in Microsoft Publisher.  I used the EK SUCCESS Cutterpede with the Perforated shuttle blade to create a division to tear of each month of the 2013 tear off calendar I designed. I colored the date Reina was born with a heart shape.  The cardstock colors used are Sunset, Slate, and Buttercup.

Another item I made was a congratulations card for the new baby.  

 New Baby greeting card

I only stamped one thing--the Welcome Baby" in the middle, added some Bronze Shimmer Trim, and some Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel around the stamped image. There are a couple of the Canvas shapes from Babycakes Paper Packet on this as well.  I used the new Corner Rounder punch.  The background cardstock color is Sunset, and the card itself is Colonial White. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and use of the meaning of the child's name. Interspersing words with pictures and the birth info really made me feel connected to the child!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.