Jann's Pages

10/1/13

Babycakes Part 1




THIS toy giraffe to the left is Gabriel the Giraffe.  It is just like the very first giraffe I ever had.  My friend gave it to me because she was cleaning out her toys and I just loved the movement of all the parts of it. I enjoyed it so much the strings broke. 

This giraffe was the start of something BIG BIG BIG I tell you.  It started my obsession affinity to giraffes becoming my favorite animal and my COLLECTION of them.  Oh boy howdy have I collected giraffes!   


In fact, here is a collage of the giraffes I own...most of the giraffes that is.   


So yes, I love giraffes! I've had the fortunate opportunity to feed a few of them, and got to pet them.  On a trip to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, a giraffe stuck its head inside my vehicle to munch on some chow! I've really slowed down my collection of them...friends will get them for me once in awhile, but I look forward to the day when I can display them out in the open, instead inside a cupboard.  

Now when Direct TV showed THIS commercial a few years ago, I wished for a Petite Lap Giraffe (PLG) so much!!  




Here's another video regarding PLG's:




So it would be exciting if these REALLY existed...and I'd just love to have a PLG Ranch...er, rescue...um...sanctuary!  Yes!

Okay, so on with the first of BABYCAKE's projects!  I chose the Close To My Heart My Creations BLOCK to decorate as my 3D project. This is a nice sturdy 6 sided cube that has 3 inches on each side to decorate!



Side 1, door (flap) closed
Bronze Shimmer Trim is on the left side of the little flap that opens.   


The "B is for Baby" stamp was heat embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.  I added a Hook & Loop Dot to the inside so the door would stay closed.
Side 1, door (flap) opened



These three phrases are printed on Canvas.  They have been redesigned from being canvas to being My Stickease shapes. With the middle shape I used pieces of the 3-D Foam Tape to elevate it.

Side 2

This side of the block has the Slate Satin Polka-Dot Ribbon trimmed to half the width of the original 1½ inches and placed over a Small Flip Flap that I adhered to the block using Liquid Glass.  I added a couple Canvas shapes as well. This side of the block could be used to insert a picture, or journaling, or even just write on the plastic pocket.

Side 3
Cute cute elephant canvas sticker adorns the fourth side.  The top is that Slate Satin Polka-Dot ribbon.   
Side 4
Another Flip Flap is on the fifth side of the Block.  More Bronze Shimmer Trim surrounds it.  I love using this Shimmer Trim--easy to work with and it's got a strong adhesive on the reverse.
  
5th Side flap closed
5th Side flap opened
This final side has one of the 12 inch borders from the My Stickease collection trimmed and adhered around the block.  


The "Welcome Baby" is 'floating' on top of an Adhesive Spring which is just so cute! I added some Clear Sparkles to the design.  



Be sure to look for the Scrapbook Page and Greeting Card I will be present at a future date in October. 

For the month of October, 2013, the Stamp of the month (SOTM) is called SCANDINAVIAN WISHES.  It is a set of twelve stamps that has sentiments, images and borders on it.  The Cricut ART PHILOSOPHY Cartridge that Close to my Heart offers is perfect for cutting out 4 of the images.  If you order $50 of eligible products, you can buy the SOTM for just $5.00.  That's a savings of $12.95 for a D sized Stamp Set!  





4 comments:

  1. Love your Giraffes!!!! Your cube sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can see the photos ......It looks even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the pics now. the cube looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.