Jann's Pages

9/17/13

Dimensional Elements "Album Pages" using ProPlayer

Hello!  This is the third project I created using the ProPlayer Paper Packet from Close To My Heart.  I also used the National Stamping Month Stamp Set Trio which is ONLY available until the end of September.  This THREE sheet stamp set has a set of icons, sentiments and alphabet/numbers to it.  It's a bargain at only $10 when you purchase $50 of qualifying products. (Items that are on the "While Supplies Last" page are not eligible towards the $50 minimum). 

The Ruby colored butterfly in this page seems to be floating because of a really cool trick I learned from Lisa Barrie's blog, "Scrap til your Heart's Content." You can read how she accomplished this adorable card HERE. I used a piece of acetate from a Sizzix Die package to attach my butterfly. I didn't like the original shape, so I quickly heated the piece of acetate and reshaped it until I was happy with the outcome. 

Meanwhile, enjoy the pictures and if you are interested in shopping for any of the products used, click on the LINKS!  


Front Page: ProPlayer Paper Packet, butterflies and letters from "You are my Happy" Stamp Set Trio. Sparkles Flourishes, Heat embossed butterflies using Clear Detail Embossing Powder and colored with various Alcohol Marker Sets.
The flowers, animals and sentiment are from the Stamp Set Trio.  The Gold Metallic Marker was used to color the flowers, and the Watercolor Pencils were used to color the animals.
Isn't this an adorable Birthday cake?  I used the Watercolor Pencils again, and added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to highlight parts of the cake and stand.  I stamped the sentiment using Lagoon Stamp Pad, and added a dotted line border using the Lagoon Marker Set. These Marker sets are a great value because you receive the true color, plus either a lighter or darker shade marker that coordinates with the original color.  Each Marker has a fine tip and a brush tip on either end.  
Some Black Shimmer Trim was cut in half, width wise to show a separation between the top and bottom photos.  The long piece of White Daisy cardstock can be used for either journaling or for another picture. 

Ribbon trim and brad are from the retired "Mini-Medley" Lagoon package. The 1¼" Circle Punch was used to punch 3 Slate circles and a separate (non CTMH) 1⅜" punch was used to make the 3 White Daisy circles. With the bottom sentiment, the redesigned Corner Rounder punched 2 opposite corners.
Something different I added was this Journal Spot from the My Crush Best Day Ever Assortment. If you haven't seen these really cute NEW My Crush themed products from Close To My Heart, you have been missing out on a new way to scrap memories!
This is another My Crush Journal Spot from the BEST DAY EVER Assortment. I inserted it into a Memory Protectors Flip Flap from the SMALL Assortment. The Flip Flap has a strong adhesive to keep the pocket in place.  I trimmd the edges of this card, folded them and stapled them onto the top, so it could be pulled out easily from the pocket.  Black Shimmer trim covers the adhesive strip. 
Lifting the Flip Flap pocket, you can see the other side of the Journal Spot, which has a pretty design on the back.  I added another sentiment from the TRIO Stamp Set.  
Hearts from You Are My Happy TRIO stamp set, They were Heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder stamped with a VersaMark Ink Pad. Then they were colored with Watercolor Pencils dipped in water.
A "picture well" to add your favorite 3x2" photo.  Close To My Heart always measures their picture and paper sizes using the HEIGHT x WIDTH method.  The way I learned to remember this measuring guide is H x W, whereas those two letters are alphabetical!  I trimmed a Sparkles Black Flourishes piece to fit the page, then added three Black Sparkles to the end of each Flourish.
A 2 inch Scalloped Circle punch, which is on the WHILE SUPPLIES LAST* page right now a bargain was adhered to a 2 inch circle and popped with 3-D Foam Tape. More Black Shimmer Trim was added.  This has an adhesive on the back of it, so it's easy to apply. 
Another WHILE SUPPLIES LAST* item used for this page is the My Legacy Writers Black Pen Set. I love these pens for journaling and to Zentangle.   
This is the back page in the Dimensional Elements album.  Again, using the Scalloped Punch, I was able to fit this entire cute sun image onto the White Daisy cardstock circle.  I added some colors using the Marker sets. The sentiment was stamped using the Outdoor Denim color in the Enchantment Mini Pigment Pads Set.  I sprinkled the Clear Detail Embossing Powder onto the Pigment Ink, which is perfect for heat embossing using the Craft Heater. Another piece of the Black Shimmer Trim was added as a final TA-DA to this page. 
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.