Jann's Pages

5/24/13

My take on TMS#199.

I was reading my BFF's Blog today and came across some cards she recently created for Card sketch Challenges over at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  They are so cute.  The sketches at Tuesday Morning Sketches look like they are quick and easy designs to complete.

So I thought I'd try my hand at this week's challenge, #199:

Here is my take on this:


I used all Close To My Heart materials--It's on black cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") with  the paper from the Tommy paper pack, along with the stamp that comes with the Workshop on the Go for Tommy.  The ribbon is Cranberry grossgrain.  I used Outdoor Denim ink for the sailboat and Indian Corn Blue for the waves.  The bird is from the Color Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes package.  I also used Outdoor Denim ink to color it.  I added some bling in the form of Bitty Sparkles in the sky and a one large Black Sparkle in the middle of the tied ribbon.  The ovals were cut using my Big Shot and the Spellbinders  Nestabilities "Deckled Edge" Classic Ovals, Large dies.  

This card took me about 10 minutes to complete from start to finish.  Easy Peasey, Lemon Squeezey!  Thanks for reading!  



4 comments:

  1. So glad you were introduced to TMS!! I love your DPs and image!!
    Thanks for joining us this week!! Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy your BFF encouraged you to play along with us! What a fantabulous guy card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Jann! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I love sailboats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.