Jann's Pages

11/14/12

Halloween Cards 2012

Happy Halloween...um...okay, EARLY for 2013 but late for 2012, I realize that.  It's been a really busy autumn at my house with some major events going on with my family so I've been scarce in posting.  I did want to post some of the Halloween cards I created and mailed out to friends and family.  Enjoy!


CTMH stampset from the Workshop on the Go (WOTG) kit. The background is a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder using a sheet of black cardstock, and wiping over it with the CTMH White Daisy pigment inkpad.  The side has CTMH Rosette Ribbon which I dyed with various ink stains. 

Oh, behind the card, the criss/cross pen cubes are the PERFECT solution for what I've been searching for my Alcohol Markers.  They are called Sparco X-Cube storage containers.  They're wonderful because I can stack them on top of each other, or side by side.  There's a strong metal clip and a groove on each side of the cube to keep them secured to each other.  


 Card made with the "Paper Studio" (Hobby Lobby) Spider Web embossing folder, and using a black Sakura Glaze Pen to draw the webs. The spider is from the WOTG  Moonlight kit. I used an orange Sakura Glaze pen to outline it and then put some 3D foam tape on the circle.


 The stamp is from CTMH and it's #D1490, "Backdrop--Charmed."   The spider web  punch is  Martha Stewart (EK Success) and the Sparkles are from CTMH.  


Another couple stamps from the WOTG "Moonlight" kit.  I heat embossed the mummy with silver embossing powder.  I sponged some Olive Ink on it. The lamp was stamped in black, then colored with the black Sakura Glaze pen, and the yellow Sakura Stardust pen. A couple of pieces of Silver Shimmer Trim notched on the ends adds just a small amount of sparkle to this card. What's nice about this Silver Shimmer Trim is that it has an adhesive on the back of it.  


The embossed section on the left is from "Starry Night" embossing folder (Sizzix) sponged with CTMH Slate ink.  The paper (Mischief) is from CTMH's Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book.  The jack-o-lantern is from a die set I bought at a craft show.


Using the Paper Studio spider web embossing folder on slate cardstock, I sanded the embossed part to show the white, then stamped some spiders from the CTMH stampset "All Hallow's Eve." I drew around the edges with a Silver Metallics Marker. The Metallics Markers come in a set of 2--gold and silver.  They are WONDERFUL! I'm on my second set of them, because I love using them so much.


Another use of the Metallics Markers (Silver) is outlining this CTMH Ghost figure, and adding some stars.  I thought I'd experiment with the new Black Tulle Ribbon CTMH offers.  I bunched it up to be about 1/2 inch wide, then stapled it to the card.  I added some White Daisy Pigment Ink, then after that dried, added some Alcohol Markers to 'dot' the ribbon Cranberry and Honey colors. 

Another heat embossed stamp:  the skeleton from the "Creepy Creatures" stampset.  I used White Daisy Embossing Powder for the figure, and then added Red Glitz to the cane, top hat and bow tie.  


This cute lil' vampire is also a "Creepy Creature" and really just doesn't look THAT scary, does he?!  I used Promarkers to color him with orange, gray and black. The spider webs (from All Hallow's Eve stampset) were heat embossed with the White Daisy Embossing Powder, then I sponged Indian Corn Blue Ink on the cardstock.  I added the cut out vampire and stamped the spider afterwards. 


 This card is a "Clean and simple" style.  I adhered the Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon to the bottom, then added 3 jack-o-lanterns with Glue Dots.  The jack-o-lantern die cut pieces were colored with the orange, green, and black Sakura Glaze pens.


 Here is another Clean and Simple card.  I embossed a piece of White Daisy cardstock with a folder from The Paper Studio.  Added some Black Ribbon, and a die cut jack-o-lantern which was adhered with 3D Foam. 

This Witch and the hexagon pattern stamps came from the "Wicked" (August, 2011) Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart.  What's so nice about the Stamp of the Month  program is that if you spend $50, you can get this special stamp set for only $5.00 but it's ONLY available for that entire month.  The images aren't repeated on other stamp sets, so when the month is gone, so are the stamp sets! 




4 comments:

  1. Soooo creative! Thanks for posting them on the Facebook Creative Card-Making page. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you did so many! My faves are with the spiderweb embossing - that one with the glaze pen is SO arty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.