Jann's Pages

5/29/12

Birthday Card Collection

Thanks to Patricia Zapata's FRIDAY FREEBIE file shared last Friday at her blog, A Little Hut, I was able to cut out these nifty Happy Birthday banners using Sadie, my Silhouette SD using Close To My Heart's Dotty For You paper.  I used the Chevron pattern, which has a Tulip color dot pattern on the reverse. I used 3D Foam Tape from CTMH to pop it off the card.


This first card  has the Dotty For You paper which is available for only $5.00 when you spend $35 in qualifying Close To my Heart products at my website SNAP-SCHOTTS. You DO need to hurry because this deal ends on the 31st of May, which is right around the corner!!  FIVE dollars for 24 double sided CTMH paper is a STEAL!!  The dotty paper, the chevron paper, the circles AND butterfly are ALL from that collection.  WHAT a variety of papers!  


The circles are the shape "Fold and Tuck Doily" from the Silhouette Online store. VERY simple cuts, but such an elegant style!  I re sized the circles by 1/4 inch increments using the Silhouette Studio software.  SO simple to do...but if you have a Silhouette Cameo or SD, you already know this! ;-)


The butterfly was covered with CTMH's Liquid Glass and then sprinkled with Prisma Glitter





The second card I created using alittlehut's file was also decorated with the Dotty For You paper.   I accented the phrase with CTMH White Daisy Pigment Ink using part of the CTMH sponge. I usually cut these sponges into 8 wedges for my inks.  


There's another Butterfly glittered and sparkly on this card along with some CTMH ribbon.  The flowers are from a 3D Paper Tole kit I found at a local stamp show in March, 2012.  The company, Of-The-Heart has a lot of these Paper Tole kits available for a variety of holidays--Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, and Christmas for example.  I use the 3D Foam Tape to add dimension to these punched out shapes.  


I trimmed the back piece with my Corner Rounder, then added Liquid Glass to the petals to add some gloss.  




Card #3 has some really cute Decorative tape that I received in the #99 (May, 2012) issue of Papercraft Inspirations Magazine.  We call it "Washi Tape.  There are 4 patterns included with this issue I found at Barnes & Noble's magazine stand.  I used CTMH Twine (Neutral collection), CTMH Dimensional Elements Stars covered in the tape, and a retired product, Glitter Rub-ons. (the greeting.)  


Card#4 is something just so darn adorable! 
MEERKATS!  


Yes, you read that correctly!  In Papercraft Inspirations magazine, issue #98, downloads are available.  I downloaded them and transformed them into Print'n'Cuts with my Silhouette Studio software.  I used an offset and then printed the  drawings.  Then Sadie cut them out, and I used my colored pencils to add some brightness to these adorable figures!  I ran these cut outs through my Xyron machine and attached them to some CTMH paper from the FOOTLOOSE collection. The ribbon is from CTMH as well.  


Here is the inside of the Meerkat's birthday card:  




















Finally, the last birthday card I created using a variety of paper:



This card has the Close To My Heart "Dotty For You" butterflies that I hand cut, covered with Liquid Glass and sprinkled Prisma Glitter.  The yellow butterfly is creased, and its wings are floating above the background paper. 


I just placed 2 CTMH Memory Book Mini Glue Dots down the middle of the butterfly. 


Inside this card is another Friday Freebie file from alittlehut.com's blog.  



Again, it's the Chevron pattern from the CTMH Dotty For You paper pack.  The Doily Pattern is another shape from the Silhouette Store.  I love these tuck and fold style patterns!  It's a nice way to show the other side of a 2 sided piece of paper! YES, that paper for the doily pattern is ALSO from the Dotty For You paper collection!  SUCH a variety of patterns that are fun to use for lots of projects! 

Thanks for viewing my current Birthday card collection!  









2 comments:

Thank you for sharing your comments.