Jann's Pages

3/20/12

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of spring.  It's been pretty warm all winter long here in Peoria, Arizona, so it's just a symbolic gesture.  I decided to break out my camera and take some Snap-Schotts of our yard...and Lily, our mini-schnauzer who was finally groomed today!!  She doesn't look like a gray sheep anymore!!  I wonder if dogs know when they're looking great?!  Does their attitude change?! hmmmm, well, she's all pretty now!

Enjoy the pictures!
Pretty Lily all groomed for Spring!
Busy as a bee on the 
neighbor's grapefruit tree

Butterfly doing its part to 
pollinate the orange tree



Work it Mr. Butterfly!
Neighbor's tree still has an orange on it..
might have to snag this!
wild flowers growing amongst the ivy
Native plant blooming in our backyard
another bunch of flowers blooming
under the Ficus tree
Yellow bells are starting to bloom.
Hummingbirds love this plant!
Still quite a few lemons on the tree.
Lemon blossoms galore!
We need to get these lemons
picked and processed!
Orange blossoms smell delightful!
Orange blossoms against
beautiful blue skies.
Lily asking, "Do I look 
pretty mommy?!"

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Jann, what wonderful pictures!! Lily is really pretty and she sure knows it! And I have NEVER, EVER seen a REAL LIVE little bitty orange or grapefruit or lemon! And I have seen pictures of lemons and oranges on trees in orchards, but NEVER on a tree of someone I actually know!
    I was delighted, Jann!! I loved the pictures!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Mary Alice!! It is a trip seeing those itty bitty things that grow up to be HUGE pieces of fruit!!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your comments.