Jann's Pages

3/19/12

Entry for Cameo Creations Challenge

This is part two of my "oops" card I created for Monica's Cameo Creations Challenge #4.  If you recall,  I was going to submit this card for her challenge. 


Then I realized I didn't quite get ALL the requirements in that beautiful card! 


Digi-stamp PnC, check.
Buttons, check
Square card, UNCHECK!


So...the next morning I decided to try this again.  Luckily I SAVED the file I had used for the aforementioned card.  I normally don't do that.  For some reason, I did and I am SO SO glad I did!  I pulled up the Studio file in the Silhouette Studio software.  I PnC'd the images again (Print n Cut) on cardstock, then inked the edges of each of the flowers and leaf clusters.  


I decided to create something that I could give away as a gift to someone, so I made 4 notecards WITH envelopes and a cute bag for them to fit.  

The files I used for all my cuts are from the Silhouette Online Store. 

1.  Flower Woodcut by Samantha Walker
2.  Leaf Set by Loni Harris
3. Announcement Style Square envelope by Sophie Gallo
4. Scalloped Snowflake Favor Bag by Samantha Walker


Here is what my Silhouette Studio screen layout looked like:


The various flowers were all shades of purple, thanks to sliding the Transparency bar on the Fill Color option (under the ADVANCED OPTIONS on that screen.)  


There are 2 envelopes on this sheet!
With the envelope, I chose to omit the liner. I knew I needed at least a minimum of 3x3 inch square, so I sized the inside square to 3.25 inches.  I rotated it around, duplicated it, and managed to get 2 of these specially-sized envelopes onto one sheet of letter sized cardstock.  Here are the envelopes:  


Front and back of 3.25" square envelopes
Here are the note cards:  

























Here is the favor bag that the collection goes into. I omitted the snowflake, and stretched out the file to fit the letter sized piece of blue cardstock.  The bag is decorated with a variety of flowers that came from a Spellbinder's Shapeabilities "Flower Creations 3" die cut set.  I used K & Company double sided paper and CTMH brads for those.  It's tied with a CTMH Daisy White Grosgrain ribbon. 


Front of bag
Back of Bag




 And finally, the entire collection on display:




I feel this entry is better than the ONE single card I created!  I did use that card today and it's in the mailbox ready to be sent to a friend!  Thanks for reading about my OOPS event this past weekend!




8 comments:

  1. wow those are so awesome, I love the flowers. Cant wait till you teach me how to use my Silhouette Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I love them Jann! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! All your projects are wonderful! You did a fabulous job on all those flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Cameo Creations =)

    lots of love,
    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Jann!! I love, love, loove the colors. Thanks for entering the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Those note cards are so pretty, and I love the little box/bag they'll go in. Awesome job...thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! These are amazing! I love all the colors you did an amazing job! Thank you for playing along with us at Cameo Creations and we hope that you will join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW~~~ These are beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing with us over at Cameo Creations and hope to see you back for the next challenge :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!! Such a great idea to use the flowers! I'm gonna have to give that a try!! Thanks for playing along in the challenge. We hope to see you play along in the next one too. : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.