Jann's Pages

3/19/12

Cameo Creations Challenge OOPS!

Hello everyone...hard to believe that we're in the last 2 weeks of March already!  Tuesday is the FIRST day of spring, officially, although those who are getting hammered with snow are wondering if the calendar is wrong!!

This Note Card set was created as an entry for at Monica's Creative Madness "Cameo Creations Challenge #4."

I created this card:



for the challenge on Friday night.  I enjoyed watching Monica's video tutorial regarding coloring digi-stamps and using the Print-n-Cut (PnC) feature to create cards.  I used the Silhouette Online store file "Flower Woodcut."   I also used the file "Leaf Set" from the store to add some more green around the flowers.

With the flowers, I ungrouped the image and just pulled the flower out, so I could color it in a variety of colors--the inside being yellow and orange, different shades of purples.  After I was satisfied with the coloring, I changed the line color to accent each flower.  THEN, grouping the images for the flower petals, I duplicated about 5 flowers.  Each flower I duplicated, I toggled the "transparency" level which can be found via the "FILL COLOR" window.  I clicked the "Advanced Options" at the bottom of that sidebar window, and then moved the transparency slide back and forth for each flower.



After printing and cutting with Sadie, I took the leaves portion of my PnC and ran them through my Xyron Sticker Machine.  I just knew it'd be easier to adhere them to the card if they went through that machine.

I threaded Close To My Heart's "Waxy Flax" through 3 small buttons, and added some sticky dots to the back of the buttons so they'd stay on the card.

I looked at my card and said, "Voila! It's finished!"  Um....

NO this is NOT going to work.  WHY?!  Because the 3 requirements for this challenge at Monica's blog were:

Digi-stamp color
buttons
SQUARE card.

Guess what-- this is a rectangle card.   *sob!*  boo hoo, I really was so proud of this card...but NOPE, back to the drawing board.  I went to sleep, frustrated but determined to submit an entry.

To be continued........






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.