EASIER than PIE Lasagna
This is an easy way to make some good lasagna.
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 28 oz. jar of Prego sauce with meat
- 32 cooked meatballs ground up in a food processor (there are different brands you can buy, but look for the Italian style flavor.) *OR* you can use 1 pound of cooked ground beef, flavored with Italian seasonings, with the grease drained.
- 1 pint of small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9x2" baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Add enough water to the jar of spaghetti sauce to fill it. Recap the jar, and shake, distributing the water and sauce.
- Lay 3 uncooked lasagna noodles in the pan, side by side, but leave a little bit of room between them. When they cook, they will expand.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the noodles and spread it out with a spatula. Take 1/3 of the ground beef mixture and spread evenly on noodles. Take spoonfuls of cottage cheese and lay them on top of the ground beef--using 1/3 of it. Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, and shake on some parmesan cheese to taste.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 two more times. You'll have 3 layers of lasagna.
- Take some aluminum foil and spray one side with cooking spray. Lay the sprayed side down on top of the lasagna and crimp the sides, so the lasagna is covered.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil, then bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. This is to brown the top without burning it. Remove from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes.