Jann's Pages

1/26/12

Cameo Creations Challenge entry

Hi ya'll!  Can you believe next week February will be here?  It's just amazing how quickly time flies when you are older.  

Tonight I read a blog, called "Monica's Creative Madness" and she introduced a challenge that is called "Cameo Creations Challenge."  Monica did say it's open to ALL Silhouette machines, not JUST the Cameo.  I saw this really cute card style that was brand new to me.  It's a "Twisted Easel" card.  I've worked on a regular easel card, but this sounded intriguing.  I watched her video and saw how EASY it was.  Stopped it a couple times so I could write down the measurements.  Take a look at her video to see how the Twisted easel card is made.  Easy Peasy lemon squeezy, I tell you!

By the time I was finished reading her post, it was almost 11pm!  It's now...going on 2am 2:30am and I wanted to finish MY entry because it was so fresh in my mind.  

Here is my card:

Twisted Easel Card
I used pink, red, and turquoise card stock.  The "I love you" heart is on an Action Wobble spring, and stamped with CTMH "Holiday Red" Exclusives Ink, with sponging around the heart.  I used the 3rd heart die from the Spellbinders Classic Hearts Nestabilities set.  


The design on the front is called "Hanging Hearts" and it's available in the Silhouette Studio online store. Hero Arts created this pretty design.  I cut out some extra hearts from the image--which is ONE of the many reasons why I love my Silhouette!  I was able to use the knife tool to 'slice' away the hearts and just print THOSE without the hanging part or the swirling flourish!  

I added some Stickles around the hearts on the front--BABY BLUE color, and then I used DIAMOND Stickles for the hanging part.  I added a couple dots of the CANDY CANE Stickles to the end of each swirl. 


Inside the card, I used pop-up foam for most of the extra hearts I cut out with Sadie.  The stamp is from Close to my Heart set, "Mad About You" which was only available in December, 2011 as the Stamp set of the Month.  

If you are interested in seeing the current Stamp Set of the month, just head over to my CLOSE TO MY HEART website.  

You can score some great bargains at the "While Supplies Last" section. So be sure to check it out.  

OH, one more thing...there's an offer for a brand new item coming out with the new Spring/Summer 2012 Idea book you can get for a VERY good price.  

It's called "Rock the Block" 
 and it's a set of 9 (nine)  2 inch Collage Cubes, along with an Exclusive "E" sized (think full sheet sized set of stamps!!!!) for only $15 with a qualifying $25 order.  This offer ends January 31, 2012, so hurry while you can!  The block set retails for $14.95 in the new Idea Book, so it's as if you are getting the E sized stamp set for FREE! 




Okay, now here are some close up pictures of my card:


Front of card
Inside of Card

Back of Twisted Easel card


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering the challenge Jann! Your card is so cute :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card came out amazing! I love that cut from the Silhouette Store, going over to buy it. A definite must have. Thank you so much for joining in on the challenge! Great job on the Twisted Easel!
    Toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...I love the sparkles! Thanks so much for sharing your Silhouette project with us at Cameo Creations! :)

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the hanging hearts!! Great job with the challenge!! I hope you will join us for the next one!
    Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute! I love everything about it! Thank you for playing along with us on our first Cameo Creations Challenge. We hope that you will play with us again!
    Hugs
    Carley
    www.craftycarley.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.