Jann's Pages

10/6/11

Some of Sadie's talents!

Yes, Sadie is at it again...she's been busy CUTTING and I just absolutely LOVE this machine o' mine! There are some Silhouette machine online friends of mine who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the LATEST and GREATEST machine that Silhouette will be selling. It's supposed to arrive in October, 2011. They have not been given a date, but Silhouette states it'll be shipping soon.

So the big deal about this new machine, called the CAMEO, is that it is a wider cutting machine. The widest a Silhouette SD machine can cut is about 8 inches. The Cameo will be able to cut at a full foot wide--TWELVE inches wide, and that is thrilling the masses!

There are other upgrades, such as the ability to cut thicker material. There isn't much info regarding HOW thick, but this is a welcomed addition to the Silhouette capabilities!

Here's the $64,000.00 question. Will I be upgrading to a Silhouette Cameo? As of right now, the answer is, No. Why not? It's the latest and greatest!! Well, because with Sadie not even 3 months old, I cannot justify spending almost $300 for another new machine. All I can say is BTDT!*

*BTDT: "Been There Done That" I was foolish enough to do this with the ProvoCraft Cricuts. I had two machines and neither was used much. I do find I am using Sadie a LOT more than either of the Cricuts combined, so this is a positive change. Maybe it's because it's a simple machine to operate, and I can design my own projects to cut. I don't have to buy cartridges for just one or two items I like.

So I will pass for now on buying a Cameo. Meanwhile, I am spoiling Sadie! I decided she needed a cover for her. I found directions for a Silhouette SD Cover to sew. Now here's the kicker. I really don't like to sew! I was viewing the directions and thought, "There HAS to be a better way of doing this that doesn't involve breaking out the Singer Sewing Machine!"

There WAS a better way. It's called 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue. This stuff is phenomenal. Okay, think of the power of hot glue from a hot glue gun...but WITHOUT THE HEAT!! Really. It's THAT strong and bonds items instantly!

So here is the cover for Sadie:


Sadie is under this groovy cover!


The black 'mat' underneath Sadie is a piece of thin foam sheet. Whenever I needed to move Sadie back and forth on the cart, she'd leave black streaks on the top. I didn't like that, so I added a piece of that fun foam sheet underneath.

Here is Sadie completely covered:



It took me about an hour to complete this project. This is cutting, and glueing, along with adding the border ribbon. It is some wild fabric, but it was the first piece I grabbed from my fabric stash.

Here is a Picasa Collage I recently created using Sadie. Enjoy!




Tomorrow is the Sketchy Saturday Challenge...have a great weekend!





1 comment:

  1. what a cute idea, I need to make curtains in my bathroom, wonder if the glue will work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.