Jann's Pages

10/15/11

Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10-15-2011

Hello everyone. I hope your weekend is going well. As you read this, I am enjoying a trip to the Grand Canyon on a train! Hubby and I were supposed to go on this trip WAYYYY back in December, but there was so much snow (in Arizona, imagine that!) that the interstate was closed. So that trip was cancelled, and then SUMMER approached. Summer in the Phoenix, Arizona area is..um, HOT. VERY VERY HOT! Okay, not so hot as, say...HELL, but yeah, it's hot!

So we are taking a train trip from Williams, Arizona to the Grand Canyon, spending the day viewing it, then coming back to Williams, and heading back home the next day. YES, I do plan on taking lots of pictures...and cannot wait to see part of Nature's beauty.

Okay, onto this week's Challenge. It is a nice card...clean and simple! Here is Jill's sketch:


10-15-2011 Sketchy Saturday Challenge created by Jill the Scrapoholic

Both my cards are the A2 size. The first card, the portrait view, was easy to create, idea wise. Just follow the pattern! I used a lot of Close to My Heart products for this one. If you notice, there is honest-to-goodness STITCHING on this card. HOW OFTEN does Jann pick up a needle? Um...wow, great question that I can't remember any specific date.
Either way, I sewed!!


Jill the Scrapoholic's Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10/15/2011 Portrait view

All products are from Close To My Heart, unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock: Antique White 5.5x4.25"
Sonoma Background and Texture paper (5x4", upper and lower right corners rounded.)
Sonoma B&T paper, reverse (green) 3¾ x 4½" after cutting scallops
My Acrylix "Wonderful You" stamp set
My Acrylix "True Happiness" stamp set
My Acrylix "A Huge Thanks" stamp set
Exclusive Inks, Smokey Plum, White Daisy, Ponderosa Pine and Chocolate
Glitz Glitter Gel "Stardust"
Exclusive Inks Markers: Cranberry, Ponderosa Pine, and Moonstruck
Liquid Glass
Silhouette Store graphic, "Vintage Hanging Shop Sign # C00143_41853" (3½ x 1¾")
EK Success "Cutterpede" with Scallop Blade shuttle
Embroidery Floss, Neutral assortment.


For my next card, I have a landscape layout, but the signpost is still in the correct position. Flipping it on its side would just look silly, IMHO! ;-)


Jill the Scrapoholic's Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10/15/2011 Landscape view

This sign post was actually handpieced from a a Spellbinder's "Shapeabilities" die (Fancy Tags 2) die I have. Instead of using the actual die cut, I used the 'negative' pieces of what usually gets thrown away. The 'swirls' above and below the horizontal bar of the sign post. PLUS you see the 'endcaps" of the signpost that look like arrows? Those are also from the same die cut. They were originally hearts, but I trimmed them to look like arrows.

Here is a list of items used. Again, All items are CTMH products, unless otherwise noted.

Exclusive Inks: Indian Corn Blue and White Daisy
Exclusive Inks Marker: White Daisy
My Acrylix Stamp Set: "Simple Stitches" (border and flower on sign); "Unscripted" (white flowers beside sign.)
Bonding Memories glue
Cutterpede paper trimmer with Scalloped edge shuttle
Pop Up adhesive foam
Paper: All retired CTMH paper, unknown name of pattern.
So now it's YOUR turn...create a sketch, upload it, then go over to Jill the Scrapoholic's blog and post your link.

Just a quick FYI....There's only ONE more week of blogging to do with Jill's Design team. If you'd like to submit entries for the Blog Candy Contest, please visit the Saturday Sketchy challenge posts and leave a comment, if you haven't already. Also, if you'd like to earn an extra entry, please choose to follow this blog! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. love both the cards, this is one that I might use for my moving cards, still need to make the we have moved cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.