Jann's Pages

10/8/11

Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10-08-2011

Hello everyone! Can't believe it's going on the second full week of October. September flew quickly, but August just DRAGGGGGGGGGED on for forever, it seems!

Our weather finally cooled, and let's just hope we're finished with the triple digits for the year. It just went on too long this past summer and boy howdy it was very hot--hotter than normal. My electric bill reflected it, that's for sure. :-(

Onto the sketch from Jill The Scrapoholic for this week.



I quickly completed this landscape sketch on Monday morning. The only trouble I encountered was the outside edge with the scalloped border. I don't have a traditional scalloped edge border punch. I have some that are similar, so I found one that closely resembled this sketch. All products are from Close to my Heart (CTMH) unless otherwise noted.

Here is the list of ingredients I used for my first card:
  • The border punch is by Martha Stewart punching around a piece of CTMH 4¼ x 5½" Sophia paper (Spring/Summer, 2011 Idea Book)
  • CTMH White Daisy Cardstock: 3 of the punched 1¼" circle.
  • CTMH Hollyhock solid cardstock (the A2 size: 4¼ x 5½") for the card base, and a rectangle cut at 2¼ x 4¾".
  • CTMH Scalloped circle punch (2") on the "Sophia" paper and a rectangle cut at 3¼ x 4½".
  • CTMH Ribbon from the "Red Ribbon collection" using the "stitched sorbet " ribbon tied in small knots.
  • CTMH "My Stickese" Sophia collection stickers (the hearts.)
  • CTMH Hollyhock "Exclusive Inks" edged the base, and the small flower paper, along with the CTMH Hollyhock solid paper.
  • CTMH "Sparkles" sticker gems were applied above the right side heart.
  • Foam Squares popped the middle heart Stickese circle AND the scalloped circle to raise it above the surrounding hearts.


My Landscape layout of Jill the Scrapoholic's
Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10/08/2011

For the portrait view of this week's sketch, again I turned to Close To My Heart for my supplies. Again, having no border punches to replicate the sketch, I turned to my collection of punches and found another Martha Stewart border punch that worked.

The ingredients include:
  • CTMH A2 card base using Daisy White color. The edge was inked using a CTMH Dutch Blue Distressing Ink Pad that's about a ½ inch square. I just zig-zag stamped the ink pad around the edge of the card front instead of sponging it.
  • Martha Stewart Zig Zag embossing punch.
  • CTMH paper, ""Hooligans" 4¼ x 5½" size before being border punched.
  • CTMH Background and Texture paper from the same pack, "Hooligans" 2¾ x 4 inch rectangle.
  • CTMH Hooligans paper (1½ x 4¼ ") was inked with CTMH Distressing ink, "Dutch Blue."
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities "Classic Scalloped Large Circles, using the smallest size, punched out 3 of the CTMH Olive paper.
  • CTMH 1¼" circle Punch 3 of the CTMH "Lime" paper.
  • Using the CTMH "Jubilation" stamp set, I stamped the bats with the CTMH Black Exclusive Ink, and the "Spooky" with the CTMH Terra Cotta Exclusive Ink.
  • I added CTMH "Liquid Glass" clear embossing liquid to the bats and the "spooky" stamp. I added 3 large dots of the Liquid Glass to the black and white "Hooligans" paper, and finally dotted the CTMH scalloped circles around the edges with Liquid Glass.
  • The "Spooky" punched circle has a foam square under both layers (scalloped circle and circle) to raise it above the other two stamps.
  • CTMH White Embroidery Floss was used to tie the knots and adhered with CTMH Liquid Glass.


My Portrait layout of Jill the Scrapoholic's
Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 10/08/2011

If you enjoyed these cards, please take time to leave a comment. Each comment you submit on any of the Sketchy Saturday Challenge earns you an entry into the Blog Candy Contest that is closing in 2 more weeks. This week I will be posting pictures of more prizes you can win. Please, one entry per person, per blog post eligible for entries.

Also, why not play along with the challenge and post your own concoction of Jill's sketch from this week? Just be sure to link it to her blog for the Saturday Sketchy Challenge. Thank you.


Thank you for viewing my blog. Enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Columbus Day!






2 comments:

  1. Jann your cards turned out super cute. I love how you flip them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and using my favorite colors, I love pink and this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.