Jann's Pages

8/12/11

SP & Company Entry

I am a subscriber to SP & Company's blog and I also receive Samantha's stamp/paper combo each month. Her latest challenge ends at 11:59pm (eastern) on 08/14/11.

It's an easy challenge--Create something with the color PURPLE! I think I can handle that since I have purple in my stash. I also created a slew of cards for a donation to the ROYAL PURPLE BLOG HOP back in June. The Royal Purple Blog Hop supports Domestic Violence awareness. Check it out when you get a chance, please.

Well, since Sadie came into my life, ( Sadie, being my Silhouette SD electronic die cutter. Yes, I did name an inanimate object!), I've been having fun cutting out a variety of objects. I REALLY enjoy the 3D objects that the Silhouette Studio Store offers for sale.

I checked around at a couple 'stores' which offer 3D object patterns and their prices were just...let's just say OUCH! $6.00 for one pattern? Uh, no thanks. The Silhouette Studio store offers their graphics for no more than 99 cents EACH. Now these graphics are ONLY compatible with the Silhouette cutters, which is fine, since that's the cutter I happen to have. But 99 cents is such a good price! Plus, with these graphics from Silhouette, they aren't "locked" so I can adjust as needed--add other graphics on top of what's there to create a totally brand new graphic! I love that versatility.

Here is my entry to SP & Company's Challenge:




This is a pillow box pattern that I cut from Sadie. The cardstock is white, and I sponged Memories "Violet" ink on the front. The larger tag cardstock is from K & Company, the phrase cardstock is Cordinations. The Phrase is from SP & Company's BOLD SENTIMENTS collection. I added some deep purple iRock gems to the upper left corner and applied a purple bow to the center. Purple Stickles glue was placed around the larger tag. The Bow is actually from a "Dove Chocolate" box that I recently opened. I loved the bow enough to save and recycle it for a project, and THIS is the project!

I do plan on giving this pillow box away to a special someone filled with some gift cards and such, for surprising me on my birthday with some awesome news. I can't share that JUST yet, (in case that person reads this post!)...but I'm so happy, I just started creating this pillow box!

Until next time,


6 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, not sure if the card stock really is shimmery or not, looks like it in the photo. I love the over sized bow.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kasey, The cardstock in the back (that the pillow box is made from) is actually white. I sponged some Memories "Violet" ink on it.

    I think it was the angle/lighting that shimmered that color.

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The box does look shimmery. I like all the bling also. I can't seem to make a card that doesn't have some type of bling. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nanette! I *LOVE* my iRock!

    Thank you for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your project, but it makes me laugh! When my daughter got married 5 years ago I made pillow boxes as favors. I cut every one of them (about 150) by hand with Colluzzle! Oh, how much easier it would have been with a diecutter (which I now have)! At any rate, I can't look at another pillow box without shuddering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful pillow box...I love the huge bow! Thanks for joining us for the SP and Co stamp release blog hop challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.