Jann's Pages

8/27/11

Sketchy Saturday for 08/27/2011

Good day readers of Snap-Schotts! I hope your weekend is going well for you. Welcome to another edition of Sketchy Saturday Challenge from Jill the Scrapoholic! Were you able to create any cards from last week's sketch?

I received my order from SP & Company this past week. Samantha Peyton creates the stamps herself and has a couple of ways to order her monthly club. You can get JUST the stamps, or you can get the the stamps AND a 12x12" paper pack of Echo Park Paper, or JUST the paper, and now, the stamps and a 6x6" paper pad. If you get a chance, check out her stamps! These are really cute designs.

Here is this week's sketch for the card:




Here is my landscape card of the sketch:




Since I got my "Happy Days" Collection and stamp set from SP & Company this week, I thought, 'HEY, this is a perfect opportunity to USE them!" So I did.

The dress form stamp is from the "Sew Chic" set (August 2011 release), along with the card insert's 'frame' and message.



Notice the Dress form stamp has a die cut that it fits into. That is NOT hand cut. I could NEVER be able to cut out something that beautiful by using scissors!

The die cut from one of the SVG files that Samantha Peyton created for this stamp set! She offers the SVG files individually, or as a collection. I ordered the collection, since it was more economical that way--and I can use them over and over again!

I used my Silhouette SD (Sadie) to cut out the various shapes from the collection, used the stamp that fits this die cut shape, stamped it with the Memories "Violet" colored ink pad, and finally, dabbed 'Mustard Seed' ink from Ranger's Distress Inks on the dress form die cut. I used pop foam adhesive squares to raise the dress form die cut off the paper.

The Pocket is made from the reverse side of the pink diamond pattern paper. I used red-line sticky tape to adhere the pocket to the pink cardstock. The 'sewing lines' are hand drawn. The HINGE--is real metal! Those are brads keeping it attached to the paper! I found the set of 4 hinges in a LSS (Local Scrapbook Store), called "The Craft Retreat."
It's a cute store that has a lot of interesting embellishments, and that's how I was able to find the hinges! The Hinge is from Graphic 45.

I outlined the message insert
with Stickles Yellow Glitter Glue. I had the insert in the pocket, and my mom had NO idea it was even there, so she suggested adding something to the insert to catch the reader's eye. Considering that's the only part that HAS glitter on the entire card, I think it stands out quite well!

The brown ribbon is from Michael's "Celebrate" collection. I added a pink flocked brad to it, and a circular paper clip from Boxer scrapbooks.


Here is my Portrait version of the card sketch:




This card also uses the "Happy Days" collection of paper from Echo Park Paper. I really like this paper and I'm so glad I joined the club level that offers the paper AND stamps from SP & Company! In addition to the wonderful double sided paper, it also comes with stickers, borders, different types of alphabets, and journal cards. Just to think, if Samantha hadn't put a couple of 6x6" sample papers in my July stamp set envelope, I would have never discovered how beautiful their paper is!

This card has absolutely NO stamping on it! It's pretty much all from the Echo Park collection, save the button, hinge, gold mirrored cardstock pocket insert, and Stickles! This hinge is smaller, and it's item number Z1402 from Close To My Heart.

On the yellow oval with arrow I wrote, "PULL" with a Sakura Glaze pen. The border "It's a beautiful day" strip is actually straight, but I just did some fancy cutting with a pair of regular scissor to break up the rectangle view of the card. The button came from Boxer Scraps, and the thread that's in it (white waxy floss) is from Close to My Heart.

I've looked in local stores for this waxy floss and haven't come across any. My consultant, Diana, mentioned that CTMH sells it. So I ordered some in Black and in White and oh this is SO easy to work with when threading buttons!

The insert is gold mirrored cardstock. I added stickers from the Happy Days collection to it.


A positive message to the recipient!

I decided to add some elements to the inside of this card. This is what the opened card looks like:


Card's Inside message

I hope you enjoyed this week's sketch and samples! Now it's YOUR turn! Please create a card, and post it to your blog, then send the link to Jill the Scrapoholic's blog! Jill offers examples of the SCRAP LAYOUT from other designers, so if you prefer to create those, then take a look at her challenges for that style of paper creating!

Just a reminder, that the comments you submit for ONLY my "Sketchy Saturday" challenge blog posts are eligible to be included in a Blog Candy drawing at the end of Design Team assignment. (end of October, 2011.) Each comment left by you qualifies for one entry. One entry per person per blog post, please.

So if you haven't written a comment on THE FOLLOWING blogs, WHAT are you waiting for? Your BIRTHDAY? Come On, Chop Chop, don't you want want to win some nice Blog Candy?! THREE prizes will be awarded...and these prizes consist of a variety of items...so just sayin'...it's an easy peasy way of winning some blog candy!

OH, and for an EXTRA entry, please consider following this blog!

LIST OF BLOGS THAT QUALIFY:

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 08-27-2011 (TODAY'S!)

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 08-20-2011

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 08-13-2011

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 08-06-2011

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 07-30-2011

SKETCHY SATURDAY CHALLENGE FOR 07-16-2011


Until Next Time--





3 comments:

  1. Jann, those turned out AWESOME!!! Thank so much for mentioning my club. I am blessed to have you as a member and I am glad to see you having some fun with your kit!
    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the it, great job.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.