Jann's Pages

8/13/11

Sketchy Saturday for 08/13/2011




Hello everyone! I hope you had a fantastic week. Mine was, BUSY! Of course, you can read about it with the last 2 blogs I posted. I'm thoroughly enjoying Sadie, and I've been busy with her. I'm having fun with the 3D objects I've downloaded from the Silhouette Studio Store. I'm looking forward to assembling some more that I recently downloaded.



Okay onto the challenge for this week's Scrapoholic's Sketchy Saturday!

This is what Jill designed for this week's card challenge:



And here is my rendition of the sketch:


Up and away on a pretty fall day

With this card, I got to use a brand new rubber stamp I found in the dollar bin at Michaels . I just adore hot air balloons, so much that I even got a tattoo of one on my ankle in 1997! The stamp is from Hampton Art, and I used Versafine Black Onyx ink on it. Then I colored the balloon envelope (the colorful part!) with my Sakura Glaze pens. The background for the balloon was colored with Rose Art colored pencils and then blended with Odorless paint thinner using blending stumps.

See that green cardstock behind the balloon? That started out as a piece of white cardstock. I took my Ranger Distress Ink (Pine Needles) and dragged it over the white cardstock until it was 100% covered. I dried it quickly with my heat gun, then ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot with the Spellbinders Nestabilities "Blossoms 4" set. Oh, the balloon is also cut with that same Nestabilities set.

I trimmed down the sides of those 2 die cut cardstock so just the tops were shaped. The cardstock with the balloon is flipped so the top is now the bottom.

I used a small stamp with Memories brand ink in Violet color to stamp the border of the card. This stamp was actually sent to me by Jill as a thank you for participating in her Cards for Soldiers program. It's such a really cute litte stamp and I use it a lot for borders and backgrounds!

The leaves are metalic and the button is plastic. Both have glue dots holding them to the card. The Small dotted line ribbon is from Making Memories and I'm not really sure where the wider blue satin ribbon came from. I think it used to belong to my mom at one time.

I added Stickles (copper) Glitter Glue around the cut out square frame. Then I drew 'stitches' around various parts of the card using a Sakura Copper colored Stardust pen.



I did manage to eek out a vertical rendition of this sketch, but let me tell you, it wasn't easy!
I started Monday morning around 9:30 and I wasn't finished until...after 3pm! Talk about the card from Hades! OVER FIVE HOURS on one card! I think that's a record. It's finished and I'm SO glad it's finished!


Thank YOU for taking all day!

All the paper is from...a virtual yard sale that I participated in about a year ago. It was part of a pack of coordinating paper, but I cannot recall the maker. Wait, all but the black scalloped inside border frame. That's just standard black cardstock. The brads were in my stash. The "Thank You" phrase and the frame around the phrase are a "thank you" gift from Stephanie Barnard's The Stamps of Life. It's one of a few perks you can receive for being a Club Member. I used Versamark embossing ink and Martha Stewart embossing powder for those two stamps.

The pink strip that runs down the left side of the card is from an EK Success border punch that also embosses the border. I filled in the debossed side with a Sakura purple Stardust pen, and dotted the stitches using a Sakura Black glaze pen.



Before I let you go, I want to share an organization with you. Last Saturday I was invited to a card making workshop to create cards for military members who are with Soldiers Angels. My friend Bonnie had card pieces already cut, and a group of about 6 of us worked on assembling the cards. Here are a couple that I created:


The phrase was found on the internet and
printed out for us to just adhere.

This next one is a shutter card, which I think is just adorable as all get out!! The first picture is of the pictutres all visible, and the second one is when the ribbon is pulled, and what's underneath!



Graphics are "Digi-stamps" that
Bonnie downloaded.


Shutter is pulled and this
is what's revealed!


Thank you for looking at my designs. Now it's YOUR turn! You are welcome to participate in Jill the Scrapoholic's Sketchy Saturday Challenge this week. She has rules on her site and directions to link your creation.

Until Next Time--



2 comments:

  1. Jann all your cards are great. I've never tried the "water fall" card. It turned out so cute. Out of all of them I think that your 5 hr card is my favorite. It's really has a lot of detail but it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!! TFS!!

    http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com

    scrappers@allthingsperuvian.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.