Jann's Pages

8/6/11

Sketchy Saturday for 08/06/2011

Hello everyone! I hope your week went well. Mine was BUSY with birthdays! Wednesday was my mother's birthday, Thursday was my birthday, and Friday was my daughter's birthday. Yes, THREE birthdays in a row! My daughter celebrated her birthday down in Tucson, where she lives, but I was able to send her gifts.

Here is the sketch challenge for today:






Here is one of my cards with the vertical view:


"Tom Jones" card

I used K & Company "poppy seed" collection (patterned) and Core-dinations blue paper. The white cardstock was used on the big circle, and sponge inked with Martha Stewart's "Dusk Blue."

The Cat stamp is from Basic Grey,colored with Sakura pens; the paw prints are from Pink by Design. I couldn't find the phrase, "What's New" in my stash of word stamps, so I figured I'd spell it out using small individual letters. Again, Pink by Design came to the rescue! The "Small Banners" stamp set had the perfect size to use. I stamped them with Versafine Onyx black ink, then used a Sakura Glaze pen to color the letters darker.

I thought I'd bling up the lower right corner, so I added some Imaginisce iRock gems.

The white ribbon is from Michaels. The Ribbon Words is from Making Memories.




The horizontal view of the sketch:



The polka dot and paisley patterned paper (say THAT sentence three times quickly!) is from Boxer Scrapbooks. I received it in a sample kit when I attended their class at the Mesa, AZ CK Convention this year. The purple round clip is also from Boxer Scrapbooks.

The solid pink paper is Core-dinations. I used all three papers to die cut the flowers that are on the card. The Die is from Cherry Lynn Designs and it's called "Pretty Petal." I created the flowers with tiny brads, and added a gold Jewel Dazzle sticker to each brad top. Those flowers were adhered with Beacon's 3-In-1 Glue.

The leaves were printed on my printer and hand cut with scissors, then colored with Bic Markers and blended. The border was punched from an EK Success border punch on the Core-dinations cardstock. The 3 small flowers were adhered with Beacon's 3-in-1 glue and then I attached some iRock rhinestones to the center of each flower.

Hope you enjoyed the cards.

Now it's YOUR turn to create your own cards based on this Saturday's Sketchy design. Have fun creating and when you're ready to post your picture, go to Jill thee Scrapoholic's blog to post it. She'll have directions on how that's done.

Until next time,



1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your comments.