Jann's Pages

8/20/11

Saturday Sketch Challenge for 08/20/2011 & BLOG CANDY INCENTIVE!

Hello everyone. I hope you had a good week. Mine was busy playing with Sadie! Plus I received a lot of crafting supplies in the mail, so I'm trying to play with all of that! Is sleep really necessary?! REALLY?! LOL!

Okay, here is today's challenge from Jill the Scrapoholic:


08/20/2011 Saturday Sketch Challenge

It didn't take me over 5 hours to create either card for this challenge like it did last week!! WHEW!



Here is the horizontal card I created:


CLICK TO EXPAND


With this card I used DCWV Matchbook A2 card from the "Matchmakers" collection. The patterned cardstock is from an 8x8" DCWV stack, but I can't recall the name of the stack.

The gold beads are from Joann's and they are 2.5mm Gold Metallic pearls. It is on a spool and easy to work with since they are all connected.

The dotted ribbon is from American Crafts 3/8" wide, and the blue satin ribbon (5/8") is something that's from my mom's ribbon collection. I sponged Ranger's Distress Ink's "Pine Needles" color on the edge of the white cardstock. The "Pebble Stickers" are from Making Memories, "Chloe's Closet" pattern.

I added Green Stickles around the flower pebble sticker, and the foam adhesive popped soft square white cardstock.

Three flower brads were added, but I can't recall who made them. I'm pretty sure I bought them from Hobby Lobby, though.

This matchbook cardstock is blue inside and out. Really nice--comes in a pack of 8 cards with envelopes, A2 size. The part with the gold pearls is held on via a couple of magnets that are adhered to the inside the flap, and under the blue satin ribbon. Keeps it closed, which it wouldn't stay that way without a magnet!


Here is the vertical layout from the same sketch by Jill the Scrapoholic:


CLICK TO EXPAND

I used a larger card for this example. It's 7" wide by 5" tall. It's bright yellow, with a matching envelope. It actually is using the same patterned cardstock as the previous card, but there's more of it, so it's more noticable. I also decided to "Glam" up the cardstock with some coordinating Stickles glitter glue.

The Stamped circle and flower are from The Stamps of Life's "Thanks2You" set. I used blue Martha Stewart ink for the circle, and Martha Stewart embossing powder for the green flower.

The ribbon came from Hobby Lobby and it's 3/8" white grosgrain ribbon, brand is "Ribbon Boutique."
Behind the stamped white square, is a piece of yellow cardstock that I embossed with a Sizzix Texturez Plate "Birthday Stars." These are similar to embossing folders, however, instead of putting paper in between two pieces of plastic, it is laid on top of the pattern, with a silicone pad, and embossing texturez plate that's run through the Sizzix. It gives a nice crisp embossed/debossed look about it, and the plates are larger than a typical embossing folder (A2 size.)

The white 'flower' is something that I saved from when I was trying out the eCraft machine. I added the orange Stickles dots to jazz it up a little.



Thank you for looking at my cards this week. It's now YOUR turn for creating your own card from this week's sketch and submitting it to Jill the Scrapoholic's blog. Her blog will have all the details.

Here is the blog candy incentive time information:

Once this Design team assignment is completed, I will be awarding prizes to those who chose to leave comments on the Saturday Sketchy Challenge posts ONLY! This package of goodies will include items from Echo Park, Sizzix and other popular Crafting companies. There will be 3 prize winners announced. So if you leave a comment on 8 different blogs, you get 8 different entries. WOWZA!! Good luck!

Until Next Time--










6 comments:

  1. Great cards Jann, I love the bling on the first card and the colors on the second card go great. I like how you change it up vertical/horizontal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jann!!Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards! You always do an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! Wonderful projects!!

    TFS!

    barbara@allthingsperuvian.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, you did an awesome job, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.