Jann's Pages

8/17/11

Sadie is rockin' the house!

Okay, NOT really, but I'm just so excited to be using this new Silhouette SD machine, which I named.
You can read about here HERE.

I've been working on projects and I REALLY enjoy creating the Silhouette Studio Store's 3D projects. Here are some examples of what I've created:

BRACKET WINDOW BOX

I cut this with Sadie, attached red liner super duper tape to keep the box together, and added a flourishes patterned piece of acetate to the opened part. The stamped images were colored with Sakura Glaze pens. There's 1/4" ribbon keeping it together.

Next:

Tent Top Swirls Box

I used white card stock, and decided to just leave it plain white. I left the top part unfolded, because I thought, "this would look really cool as a candle holder." However, putting a real candle in there isn't the BEST idea in the world, since th is candle holder is made from paper. So I found a battery operated tea-light candle from a set of 12 I bought last Halloween from Joann's and dropped it into the top of this box. You can almost see the "flame" in the middle of it.

You can REALLY see it glow when the lights are turned off!

Tent top Swirls box glowing with "candle light!"

After I saw the picture of this glowing in the dark, I thought, THIS would be just an awesome idea for luminaries at Christmas, or even a Halloween motif for Trick or Treaters!

Until Next Time--





1 comment:

  1. LOVE this project! What a great idea - especially with Halloween right around the corner!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.