Jann's Pages

8/5/11

Another Birthday? Naw...it's an Anniversary!

I decided awhile ago to stop celebrating birthdays. I'm still enjoying the day, but now instead of birthdays, I'm celebrating anniversaries of my 29th birthday! Thursday the 4th, I celebrated the 19th anniversary of my 29th birthday!! I awoke very early--NOT because I was so excited, but because I had to call our cell phone company to get an older phone switched over to my husband's phone number. His cell phone was Ka-put and he NEEDED a phone. So after I got that stuff done, I headed back to sleep.

I awoke to the dogs barking letting us know that someone had the NERVE to ring our doorbell! Flower delivery for me. OOH, plus a box of chocolates! The flowers are beautiful-- EIGHTEEN long stemmed red roses were in a vase and the card was from my sweet as sugar husband!! Gorgeous!!!!!



I also received gift cards, the "Dr. Mario" game that I can play on our Nintendo Wii...which just rocks! A new phone cover, some money, a nice little trinket from my mother and a Silhouette SD Electronic Cutting Machine!

It arrived on my birthday!! I unpacked it (easy to do!)...and set it up on the shelf under my computer keyboard tray. This morning I was trying to work with it and realized, that area wasn't going to work for it--because it's too DARK under there! So I placed my printer on that shelf and put the Sil-SD on the printer cart which is to the left of my computer cart. This machine is just so TINY compared to the other ones I've used. It's also quieter and more lightweight.

I'm still learning how to 'print and cut' with the machine and Make The Cut software Version 3.3.3. I'm following a tutorial by JIN over at her blog, "UNDER A CHERRY TREE." Her reviews of the Sil-SD was one of the reasons why I decided to get this machine. If you get a chance check out her blog!

So I am going to work with that machine...and still continue to create cards! In fact, here are some that I recently finished. I do have the information, and I will answer any questions you have about specifics of a particular card. Just let me know your question in a comment and about which card you are wondering.

CARD # 1 outside

Buckle Card made with SP & Company stamps
and Echo Park Paper.


CARD #1 inside

Inside of Buckle Card



CARD #2

Inkadinkado Stamp Set + Echo Park Paper



CARD #3

Center Step Card
(from Splitcoaststampers.com's tutorial)

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.