Jann's Pages

7/16/11

The Scrapoholic's Sketchy Saturday Challenge

Happy Weekend everyone!

I hope your Saturday is going well. It's just so hard to believe the MIDDLE of July is already here. I want to give a quick shout out to my nephew, Aaron whose birthday is today. He is now 26 years old. I remember when he was BORN! Where do the years go?!

Here is the Sketchy Saturday Challenge for this week,
provided by The Scrapoholic:


Here is the first card I created
using that sketch:


For this card, I chose dark gray, black, and white cardstock from the Paper Company, and the dotted and the striped paper from The Paper Studio. I used my EK Success Cutterpede with the decorative blade, "WAVE" to trim the patterned papers.
The Close To My Heart, "Beautiful Things" stamp set was chosen for the picture and sentiment, using a Memento's Tuxedo Black Dye Ink Pad. I added 3 black metal dot stickers from Colorbök. These had to be placed in a different location from the sketch's, due to a space issue with the sentiment.

The next card created was with the
sketch rotated horizontally:




Here is my card creation
using that horizontal sketch:



The brown paper and the pink dotted paper are from Making Memories "Just Chillin' " 8x8" paper pack. The brown paper has a wood grain pattern on it. I enhanced that grain with running the paper through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Sizzix embossing folder , ("Wood Grain" by Tim Holtz.) After it was embossed, I sanded then sponged the raised area with Ranger's Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
Instead of using paper for the wavy lines, I chose 2 different types of Martha Stewart ribbon. I ran them through a Xyron Sticker Machine and curved them on the background paper by hand. I wrapped the ribbon ends on either side around the back of the brown paper and taped them securely.
The pink dotted paper and the white paper were punched with an EK Success rounded corner punch. Using Pink By Design's stamp set, "Make it a Venti" I stamped the coffee cup and the 'steam' with Ranger's Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Inside the coffee cup, I stamped a dotted pattern using Ranger's Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
The steam was then stamped with Versamark watermark pad and heat embossed using Martha Stewart's Copper embossing powder. Using a Ranger "bullet" Perfect Medium pen, I followed the front outline of the coffee cup and melted the same color of embossing powder along that curve. After adhering the white paper to the pink dotted paper, I lightly sponged the Victorian Velvet over the white paper.
The sentiment, from Pink By Design's "Perk Up" sentiment stamp set, was heat embossed using the Versamark and Martha Stewart copper embossing powder. Again, I sponged the Victorian Velvet over the white paper. I attached this to a smaller rounded corner pink dotted piece of paper and adhered it to the background.
Three copper colored Imaginisce iRock studs were heat-adhered to the top of the pink dotted paper. Finally, I sponged Victorian Velvet ink around the edges of the white 5.5 x 4.25" cardstock, and adhered the background paper to it.

Now it's YOUR turn to play along with this week's Sketchy Saturday Challenge! After you create and upload your creation, please remember to link it to The Scrapoholic's Challenge blog. You'll have until Friday, July 22nd 11:59pm (PDT) to do this. Best of luck to you and thank you for visiting my blog to see my sketch creations.

Until Next time--







3 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards Jann! I never think to turn a sketch on its side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job Jann. Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards, They both came out great. I love how the 2nd cards look so good when you changed the position of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.