Jann's Pages

6/11/11

Sketchy Saturday Challenge for 06/11/2011

I saw a blog post by Jill "The Scrapaholic" issuing a challenge for "Sketchy Saturday." First time I've ever seen this, so it was something I thought I could accomplish. I was very happy to see she offered scrapbook AND card sketches. I am not much of a scrapbooker. I prefer creating cards so I can give them away and have others enjoy them. The only scrapbooking I have done is my wedding album and there are ONLY two pages so far! Let's just say it's a work in progress...um, yeah yeah! Hubby and I just celebrated our THIRD wedding anniversary, so it's definitely low priority.
Here's
the sketch:
June 11, 2011 Scrapaholic's "Sketchy Saturday" challenge





































































































Owl Thank You!

I used white cardstock for an A2 sized card.
The paper is all from DCWV's "Linen Closet" paper stack.
I punched out 1.25" and 1.50" circles with my FISKARS circle punches.
The Owl & sentiment are from Fancy Pants Design's "On a Whimsy" set;
The larger circles and the "Lacey Circles" die cuts are from Spellbinders Paper Arts.
The ink that was sponged is by Memories and it's the "soft leaf" color.
I embossed the images with Martha Stewart embossing powder (copper and gold colors.)
Finally, the owl on the scalloped die cut circle is "popped" with an Action Wobble spring.

Hope you enjoyed the card. I enjoyed the challenge from Jill the Scrapaholic!

Until Next Time--

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on the sketch. Simply beautiful card! Thanks for participating in Sketchy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.