Jann's Pages

6/23/11

Royal Purple Blog Hop Contributions

Reading THIS BLOG a couple weekends ago, I decided to contribute some cards to the Royal Purple blog hop challenge. This blog concerns Domestic Violence. Thankfully I've never experienced it, but I was in a relationship where many 'head games' were played with me. I developed depression, which I finally started a treatment for it in 1997.

My confidence began to grown and in 2007, my new year's resolution was to become HAPPY again. Being in a marriage with a man whose maturity level was still in the teenage years was not easy to deal with. His immaturity, pouting, and insults were going to STOP bothering me in 2007.

We divorced after 20 years of marriage. I did find someone else, my current husband and it's like night and day. He treats me with such respect, doesn't insult me, and when we disagree, he doesn't pout. He respects my point of view.

This is an example of what I mean. We were having a discussion while grocery shopping one evening. He was having difficulties with coworkers and sent emails to them. I suggested that he "BCC" someone--for instance, me, or to his personal email account, so he would have a back-up and words could not be 'twisted.' He disagreed with what I was saying. I just said, "Well, from experience in my last job, I do suggest you try it at least."

We were both silent for awhile, and I was waiting for the "shoe to drop." I was waiting for him to act like a child because he heard MY words, but didn't like them. This was what I experienced with my ex husband--for him to pout, become sarcastic, and hold it against me...given the silent treatment, etc.

I asked hubby, "What else is on the list?" In his pleasant voice, like NOTHING happened, he gave me the rest of the items we needed to buy.

I looked at him and exclaimed, "you mean, you aren't MAD at me for not agreeing with your point of view?"

He said, "Uh, no, why should I be? You're entitled to your own opinion, my love."

WHOA! HOLD THE PRESSES!! It was an epiphany being told this! The lightbulb came on, "OH MY GOODNESS!!! I married a MATURE man!!!"

This happened over 2 years ago and I still remember it like yesterday. It was such a life changing moment for me to realize that not all men are like my ex husband! My father would pull the pouting/sarcasm game...my brother has pulled it as well. So THAT is all I knew. Marrying my current husband has opened up a whole new world of hope that other people can become happy.

No, my husband is NOT perfect, but he is perfect for me. My own mother noticed the positive changes in me, thanks to my husband.

My point is, there is happiness out there. It's where you least expect it. If you are in a relationship that makes you want to 'walk on eggshells' all the time, think about why you are still in this type of enviroment. Your happiness is SO important. Trust me on that!

Here are some of the cards I created for Faith's challenge. You can create and mail some as well. There is more information at the end of her blog. Click this LINK to go to my FLICKR stream of the cards. Also, if you decide to contribute cards and notes of encouragement, also consider donating some money to the BRADLEY ANGLE HOUSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.