Jann's Pages

3/23/11

A Trip & Some Recent Cards

A couple weeks ago I drove to Tucson to visit my younger daughter, who just moved into her own place. It's a 1 bedroom/1 bath condo. Nice size for just one person. She needed some help getting it organized. I have NO idea what it looks like now, nor do I really wish to know. I DO know that it was a lot neater when I left than when I got there!!!

Here are some pictures of her new place:

Kitchen area on southern wall

Kitchen is now organized--added paper towel holder & replaced lights!

Donna in her living room, with cat, Terry on the loveseat.

Bedroom area. That's a Daybed, turned around. Her choice!

Looking at living room from kitchen. Still some boxes to unpack.


















































































































































It was nice to see my daughter enjoying her new place. I hadn't seen for quite a few months and it was a wonderful visit. We went out to eat, went shopping for house things...and enjoyed the weekend together one on one.




When I got back home, I worked on a couple cards. I was going to enter a card making contest, but just never finished the projects. I'm sure you know how that goes!

Here is one that I created from the 02/2011 The Stamps of Life stamp set:

Happy Spring!



With this card, I used an embossed Cuttlebug folder on the green cardstock, and then heat embossed the DE-bossed side with Clear Zing powder. I pop-dotted the bunny which I colored with my Bic Markers. The Ribbon is from Making Memories, and the border punch is EK Success.

Then I created this Easter card, again from The Stamps of Life's February, 2011 stamp set I received:



Eggs 4 Sale!
This card was created on a "Matchbook" prescored card from DCWV. The eggs were stamped and heat embossed, with the darker colors outlined with a Bic marker. The Bunny was colored with the Bic markers as well, and blended. The grass was from 2 different TSOL stamp sets: Bunny4Easter & Eggs4Easter. I also stamped and heat embossed the grass.

Will post more cards in another blog. Thanks for looking!

Until Next Time--




1 comment:

  1. the stamps of life stuff are great right!? That bunny is the cuten-est!

    Thank You for you words on my blog, I appreaciate it a lot. I feel fine now, totally over it, just perplexed at what transpired!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments.