Jann's Pages

3/26/11

Even MORE cards & a gorgeous sunset!

Well, I've certainly been busy with The Stamps of Life stamp sets I get on a monthly basis! Being a member, I get a discount, and shipping is ONLY A DOLLAR!! Considering a first class US Stamp is 44 cents, just 56 cents more gets me a shipment of TSOL stamps every single month! Can't beat that with a stick!


So here we are:

YOU take the Cake!

This is from the March, 2011 stamp set, "Cake2Build." The phrase, 'You Take the Cake' was actually all one stamp. I cut in between the words, as I often do, so I could center it easier on the cake. I made this card with:
  • Cuttlebug Folder "Diamond Plate" embossed on white cardstock
  • Cake & words stamped on white cardstock with Versafine Black ink,
  • Dotted with yellow Rangers Stickles
  • Cake stand outlined with Sakura Glaze Pen, black.
  • Yellow ink was sponged with Ranger Distress Ink--Mustard Seed, masking cake image.
  • Ribbon from 7Gypsies "French" pack.
The second card, also made with the Cake2Build set, looks like it would be perfect for a wedding card.

Love is in the Air!
With this card, I used
  • paper from The Paper Studio "Black and White 100 Paper Pack 12x12"
  • Rangers Distress Ink, "Broken China"
  • TSOL small Cake stamp using Versafine Back Ink
  • TSOL Heart stamp, using "Broken China" ink,
  • Sakura Glitter Clear Star pen was used inside the stamped hearts
  • Unknown brand of blue satin ribbon tied onto a piece of blue satin ribbon that was ahdhered to the back of the Paper Studio paper.

The last card to show you is a quick card I created just on a whim. Now why ALL my cards can't be created this quickly is beyond me! I swear, this took about 5 minutes!


Friendship
With this card, I used:

  • Making Memories "Just Chillin' paper pad 8x8.
  • gray carstock cut with "Scalloped Rectangles" Spellbinders Nestabilities
  • beige cardstock cut with "Scalloped Circles" Spellbinders Nestabilities
  • Inkadinkadoo Bird Stamp, that was inked with Staz-On black ink
  • stamped bird heat embossed with Martha Stewart black embossing powder
  • Ribbon is from Offray. This was in my mother's collection of ribbon that she just gave me. It's probably about 30 years old!!
My mom ended up sending this to her best friend for over 55 years, MaryAnne. Mom was delighted to see this ribbon finally used!


I will leave you with a picture of a recent sunset. We had rain earlier in the day, and a gorgeous sunset to end our yucky weather day! I think Arizona sunsets are incredibly gorgeous and I thank the good Lord every evening for another beautiful day in Paradise!






Until Next Time--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments.